Download for free wherever you see the MP3 link.
Lyrics? Look for the lyrics link.
Check out these other albums by Dan Murphy:
1. THE OUTPOST. Title
is where we watch the passing parade, from "Lucifer's motley
minions" to "Gabriel's holy host". It's off the main highway, but just
a short way down the road. MP3 Lyrics.
As in J. Danforth Quayle. Also the best Dan Quayle
song ever written if I do say so myself. Should have been forgotten
years ago but somehow lives on.
3. THE WHITE HOUSE UN-AMERICAN ACTIVITIES RAG. About the "gate" that began them all, it's "The Watergate Story and it sure is gory..." MP3 Lyrics. Historical note: this recording is so old that it was originally released under the name "The Doormat Singers", even though there was only one Doormat singer in it. For more info, see The Doormat Singers.
4. JUST SAY NO.
Remember "just say no"? How to solve the nation's
drug problem with a wave of the hand and a good slogan. Piece of cake. MP3 Lyrics
5. GRANITE GRASS. One
of several songs on the CD with a
folk/bluegrass sound, this is the signature song for the group "Granite
Grass" which I started with some other guys up here in the "granite
state" of New Hampshire. MP3
6. WAYFARING STRANGER.
Based on the traditional song, but with an
additional verse and a few words changed. I'm not keen on the "life is
a vale of tears" outlook of the original, so, as happens in the "folk
process", I changed it. With Granite Grass.
7. WILL THE CIRCLE BE UNBROKEN. With Granite Grass. Pretty much a straight-ahead arrangement. Hey, I needed a few things to fill up the CD. MP3
8. DIGITAL COUNTY STORE.
With apologies to Arlo Guthrie. This and
the next cut were done while I was working for a certain large computer
company and are related to some in-house personalities and events.
However, some people who never worked at this company say they like
them anyhow. If you relate to computer songs, or if you usually get the
jokes in "Dilbert", this should work for you.
9. WOMAN AT THE WELL (THEN AND NOW). Based on the old gospel song, but with an updated story. MP3
10. MTA. With Granite Grass. The old Kingston Trio Classic. See cut 7. MP3
11. MIDNIGHT SPECIAL. With Granite Grass in a fairly "informal" setting, breaking strings and all. MP3
12. ANDROCLES. Based on the old fable of Androcles and the Lion. Originally written as part of a stage play, the full song has about 15 verses and tells the entire story. Mercifully, I've only included 5 of them here. MP3
13. COME LOOK BEYOND.
Written in the mid-1960s during the Viet Nam
buildup. Peace and love -- still a good idea here in the 21st Century. MP3 Lyrics
You can have a copy......for your very own home (or car or walkperson) for a mere $6/each. Send your postal mail address along with cash or check to:
|You can even use . Request payment info here.|
More information (possibly...): Email Dan Murphy
Back to Dan Murphy's Home Page.